The Market Hall at Ledbury
Unmounted (ref: 8558)
15 3/8 x 20 7/8 in. (39.3 x 53 cm)
Tags: Rudolph Sauter watercolour architecture houses Rudolph Sauter (1895-1977)
Provenance: The Artist's Family
After the Second World War Sauter moved from London to Coddington Court, (near Ledbury) in Herefordshire .
Ledbury is a Herefordshire market town, lying east of Hereford, and west of the Malvern Hills.
It has a significant number of timber-framed structures, in particular along Church Lane and High Street. One of the most outstanding is the Market House, built in 1617, located in the town centre.
We are grateful to Michael Barker for his assistance.